DOMENIC S. VENTURO, Q.C.
- Bachelor of Arts (First Class
University Calgary, 1982
- Juris Doctor,
University of Calgary, 1985
- Called to the Alberta Bar,
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2006
- Selected as one of the leading practitioners in Canada in the area of Personal Injury for 2012 by The Canadian Legal LEXPERT Directory
- Frequent lecturer to various professional groups
on insurance, e-commerce and internet-related litigation
- Director of various charitable, cultural and minor
- Past-President, Calgary International Film Festival
- President, Calgary Italian Sportman’s
Born and raised in Calgary, Domenic Venturo
obtained his law degree from the University Calgary
in 1985. He was an associate and partner with a national firm before joining Scott Venturo LLP
in 2002. Dom has been a partner since 2003.
Domenic’s practice consists of general litigation
in various areas in all levels of courts in Alberta.
He has extensive experience in insurance defence,
oil and gas, commercial and intellectual property
litigation. He also has experience in professional
negligence cases involving architects, financial advisors,
stockbrokers and insurance agents. His clients have included
a number of manufacturers of motor vehicles, construction and agricultural
related products. He frequently provides seminar instruction
for clients on various topics of interest.
He represents the firm within the Risk Management
Counsel of Canada, an association of law firms across Canada
that practice extensively in risk management and insurance
Domenic has a number of courses in mediation and alternative dispute resolution. He has acted as mediator
in personal injury disputes and has considerable experience
as an advocate in judicial mediations and mini-trials.
Domenic has also completed an intensive program in mediation and facilitating settlement at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine School of Law in Malibu, California.
- Calgary Bar Association and Canadian Bar
Association: Insurance Law, Civil Litigation and Intellectual
Property Law subsections
- Various charitable, cultural and minor sports organizations,
- the Calgary Italian Sportsman’s Dinner
- the Calgary International Film Festival
- the Calgary Juventus Soccer Club
to Our Team